Data Protection Notice
JWP Group values its customers trust and recognises that the safety and lawful use of everyone’s personal data is key to retaining that trust and confidence. JWP Group needs to collect, store, share and use personal data about past, current and prospective customers to enable it to meet its requirements in the provision of innovative products and services.
JWP Group takes compliance with privacy laws and regulation very seriously. We take appropriate measures including training our staff about our data protection obligations to protect Your personal data and Your legal rights. We have implemented effective policies and procedures and security measures to ensure We protect Your personal data.
Who the JWP Group are
JWP Group is the data controller for the management of interactions between Us and You and is owned by James William Phillips in the United Kingdom.
JWP Group ensures the secure management of Your personal data. This includes appropriate physical, organisational and technical measures to safeguard Your information. We regularly review these measures and where appropriate, We strengthen and enhance those measures.
If You wish to send any of Your personal data to Us We strongly recommend You do not send it by open email. Instead, You should select a safe method to provide Your personal data to Us such as recorded post.
How We use personal data and Personal data You give to Us
You may give Us information about You when You request a product or service, purchase advertising space, register by email or by our website or by social media and if You participate in any marketing activity such as, entering a competition, or promotion, or survey.
When You provide personal data to Us about someone else on their behalf
When giving Us information about a family member or another person You confirm that they
have appointed You to act on their behalf including giving You consent to instruct Us to
process their personal data, to receive this data protection notice on their behalf and to
inform them about the way in which We will process their personal data.
Personal data We receive about You from other external sources
We may receive information about You from other people in order to deliver our products
and services to You. This could include (but is not limited to):
- Information from analytics providers;
- Information from search information providers;
- Printers and distribution and marketing agencies
- We will always ensure that any personal data We receive has been collected lawfully and fairly in accordance with Your rights under the relevant data privacy laws. Where appropriate We will ask for Your consent for the specific use of Your personal data.
Personal information We hold about You
The information We hold about You may include:
- Your name, address, contact details
- Your specific opt in request for magazines, newsletters or advertising
- Feedback that You give to Us regarding the service We have provided or about services provided by another organisation
- We do not collect or use children’s personal data except when that information is provided by an adult We do not use children’s information for any marketing activity.
How We Use your information
The security of and appropriate use of your information is of paramount importance to JWP Group. We will only disclose this in the provision of services to You.
- To provide You with magazines, newsletters, invoicing products and services.
- To communicate with You
We will communicate with You via email, post, telephone, SMS and Social media depending on Your communication preferences and/or the method You have chosen.
Who We share Your personal data with
Sharing Your personal data with providers of services to enable us to provide you with the products and services you have opted into, these will be, but not limited to
- Mailing house
- Essential suppliers to meet your requested requirements
Data subject access requests
Under the General Data Protection Regulation You have the right to ask JWP Group to confirm whether or not Your personal data is being processed, and, where it is being processed, to be provided with access to Your personal data and the following information:
- The purpose(s) of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom Your personal data has been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in different countries or international organisations;
- Where possible, the period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if this is not possible, the criteria used to determine the storage period;
- Where Your personal data is not collected from You, any available information about the sources of such information; and The details of any automated decision-making or profiling being done on Your personal data meaningful information about the logic involved, and the consequences of such processing for You.
Where Your personal data is transferred to a third country or to an international organisation You have the right to be informed how appropriate safeguards have been used to transfer Your personal information.
If You request it JWP Group will provide You with a copy of Your personal data undergoing processing by Us. Where You make a request by email, unless You request otherwise the information will also be provided by email.
If You require access to Your personal data that We have disclosed to a company, and that company is also a data controller, You will need to ask them directly to provide Your personal data.
Portability of personal data
You have the right to receive personal data about You that You have provided to JWP Group in a structured, commonly used electronic format. You also have the right to transmit that personal data to a different data controller company and, if it is technically feasible, Vitality will try to transmit Your personal data to such other data controller company. Please note that this attempt may be restricted due to the incompatibility of the various customer record keeping databases.
Withdrawing Your consent
You have the right to withdraw Your consent to the processing of Your personal data at any time. From the time that We receive such withdrawal of consent JWP Group will stop all processing of Your personal data. Where We have a regulatory obligation to process Your personal data We may not be able to meet Your request. You should be aware that if You do withdraw consent for the processing of Your personal data We will not be able to continue to service provide you with the products and services you have requested.
Your right to be forgotten
You have the right to ask JWP Group to erase Your personal data without undue delay and JWP Group is obliged to do this where one of the following grounds applies:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
- You withdraw consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing or Your personal data has been unlawfully processed; or
- Your personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation. The right to be forgotten shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary in order to:
- Exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- Comply with a legal obligation that requires processing in the United Kingdom; or
- Establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
You have the right to ask JWP Group to rectify any personal data about You without undue delay. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, You have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by providing supplementary information statement.
Restriction on processing
In specified circumstances You have the right to restrict the processing of Your personal
data. These are:
- You contest the accuracy of Your personal data held by JWP Group and restrict the processing to enable JWP Group to verify the accuracy;
- You request restricted processing of Your personal data instead of erasing it because You believe it to be unlawful processing;
- JWP Group no longer requires Your personal data for its processing purposes but You require it to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or
- Where You object to the use of Your personal data for profiling or marketing purposes requiring validation of whether the legitimate grounds for this processing by JWP Group override Your right to object.
Where JWP Group applies restrictions on processing Your personal data, apart from storage, the establishment or exercise of legal defence, or the protection of the rights of another individual, JWP Group shall seek Your consent prior to restarting any processing of the restricted personal data.
You have the right to object to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right to object to automated decision making where the outcome may have a legal or other significant impact on You. This means that You have the right to request that an appropriate member of JWP Group staff reviews the outcome of the automated decision making and conducts this process manually, unless You have previously given Your consent
to automated processing.
You have the right to object to the use of Your personal data for marketing purposes and JWP Group is obligated to ensure marketing information is not sent to You if You assert this right. If You do give Us Your permission to send marketing information to You We will provide You with the opportunity to change Your mind every time. Your marketing preferences can be changed at any time and choose Your preferred method of receiving information about our products, services and benefits at any time.
We want all of our customers to be happy with the way their personal data information has been processed by Us. If You are unhappy about the way We have managed Your personal data, We would like to know about this as We are constantly striving to ensure We do the right thing and We would like to be able to put things right. You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
JWP Group would like to send You information about our products and future
products which currently include newsletters and updates.
Please let Us know how You’d like to hear about the latest updates from Us.
Email Yes please No thanks
Post Yes please No thanks
SMS/text Yes please No thanks
Social media Yes please No thanks
Telephone Yes please No thanks
We will not share Your personal data with any other companies for marketing purposes.
You can change Your mind about how You would like to receive information about our products and
services at any time. You can unsubscribe, using the unsubscribe link on emails that We send You. For SMS/text messages, follow
the opt-out instructions on the message if we choose to introduce SMS/text messaging.
If You have any queries in respect of Your Data Protection rights or the way Your personal
data is processed by JWP Group please write to Us at:
JWP Group, Windsor House, 103 Whitehall Road, Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom CO2 8HA
Correct as of May 2018 in-line with General Data Protection Regulation